Shea Middle School offers many programs to educate the whole child:
- Honors classes in Math, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies
- Double block of Language Arts to address informational text, literature, and writing
- Hands-On Science classrooms
- Robust elective courses, including General Music, Chorus, Guitar, Band, Strings, Art, Technology, Physical Education and Spanish
- North Valley Arts Academy Classes (application required) in Music Technology, Dance, Drama and Visual Arts
- Participation in dynamic extra-curricular activities: NJHS, Veterans Heritage Project, Student Government, and more
The mission of the Curriculum Department is to increase student achievement through the provision of systemic innovative curricula characterized by standards and research-based educational programs that deliver effective and differentiated instruction in partnership with schools, families, and the diverse PVSchools community.
In PVSchools, we engage, inspire, and nurture students through high-quality instruction, meaningful educational opportunities, and dynamic learning experiences. Curriculum, adhering to Arizona state standards, is adopted transparently with opportunities for community feedback.
To nurture creativity, curiosity, and strategic thinking through dynamic learning experiences, PVSchools routinely evaluates curriculum resources and provides recommendations for curriculum adoptions.
Find out more about curriculum in PVSchools.
2017 MERIT Award for Initial PBIS Implementation
Arizona Science Teachers Association Middle School Science Teacher of the Year - Angela Mitchell