Shea Compass is our event to help new students to Shea feel welcomed and connected before their first day on campus. They will have a chance to meet other students, staff members, learn about Shea, and walk their schedules. This event is for:
- All 7th grade students
- 8th graders who are new to Shea or did not attend in person during the previous school year.
Since we will be putting health mitigation strategies in place, it is imperative that we know who is coming. Therefore, parents must register their child for this event, or they will not be allowed to participate. You may register at the link below. Students must register by Monday, July 25th.
Shea School Supply List 2021-22
General Education Materials:
- 100+ #2 pencils, and extra lead if they are mechanical
- 1 larger eraser or 1 pack of pencil-top erasers
- 1 pack of colored pencils
- 4 different colors of highlighters (usually found in one pack)
- ZERO SHARPIES or permanent markers (these are not allowed on campus)
- 7+ folders (1 folder for each class, plus 1 for homework, and extras wouldn’t hurt) *If in CABS: they should include fasteners*
- 3 composition notebooks (not spiral notebooks)
- Loose-leaf, lined paper
- 1 planner (the best one is bought through the PTO)
- 1 2-2.5 inch binder
- 1 reusable water bottle
- 1 pair of wired headphones with standard headphone jack (1/8")
Donations (which should be given to the first period teacher):
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfecting wipes
- Paper towels
- 1 pack of 100 index cards
- 1 spiral notebook
- 1 calculator (type shown based on class) -
- Algebra 1-2: scientific
- 8th grade: scientific (preferred) or basic *NO PHONE USE FOR CALCULATORS
- 7th grade: basic *NO PHONE USE FOR CALCULATORS
- 1 pack of dry erase markers
- 1 pack of graph paper
- 1 ruler
Here Are Some Helpful Links for Items We Use on Our Shea Campus:
- Accelerated Reader – Our school uses accelerated readers to help students practice at their reading level and track their progress as they move into higher reading levels.
- Accelerated Reader Bookfinder – Along with our accelerated reader website, it is helpful to be able to search for what books are part of the advanced readers library.
- Order Physical Education Uniforms
We provide students with supportive learning environments that include rich academic and extracurricular experiences, interventions, and programs to prepare them for a successful future.
Because part of a students success depends on their community's strength and , we offer information on the following resources.
McKinney Vento Information
Family Housing Hub
PV Family Resource Center
DUET- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
MASK- Mothers Awareness of School-Age Kids
Food and Clothing Resources
PV Community Food Bank
Harvest Compassion Center
Arizona Food Bank Network