Welcome to the Shea library! We are open daily from 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM. Students are welcome to visit the library before school and during lunch. You can come in to read, checkout books, and do school work.
Students, who want to spend time in the library after school to do homework, need to have one of our parent permission forms on file.
Students can checkout one book at this time with their student ID card and they are due in 3 weeks. Overdue notices are printed and given to the students' English teachers each Wednesday. You may not check out any additional books when you have an overdue book. All Books Due by May 13th.
Students are required to bring their computers fully charged each day.
Lost Book Policy
- Replacement of a library book with a good hardbound copy of same title or the book replacement price. (We prefer a book, as it's cheaper for you to purchase i.e. from Amazon than through our vendors.)
- If a student pays for a lost book during the first semester (August-December), a refund will be given if the book is found and returned to the library during the same school year.
- If a student pays for a lost book during the 2nd semester (January-May), a refund will be given if the book is found and returned to the library by the last week of the same school year.
Each student in the district is assigned a Chromebook once they fill out the device agreement form.
Love to Read?
We're proud to offer a variety of library resources for our students – both in hard copy and as eBooks. We use a system called Follett Destiny for library (media center) resources.
Destiny Discover (sometimes called Follett Destiny) is our web-based library catalog and resource that can be used on any device that is connected to the internet. It allows students, staff, and families to:
- See all of the books — both hard copies in print and digital eBooks — available in our library system.
- View book information, including copies available, a description of the book, reading level, and reviews.
- See suggestions of related subjects.
- Make a list of book selections.
- Create a bibliography from a book list with the touch of a button.
- Write reviews.
- View your student's Destiny account, which includes materials from both the library and the bookstore allowing families to access check-out history.
To find out what's available in our library:
You can explore Destiny Discover as a guest to see book titles available, or you can log in using a student single sign-on account.
If you would like to access your child's library history, visit Destiny Discover or contact your school's media center.
Once in Destiny Discover, click “Login” located in the top right corner of the screen.
Select “Single Sign On” as the option to sign in.
Log in with the authentication portal using your child's PVSchools username and password. Once logged in, you should see your child's name in the top right corner of the screen.
Click the “My Stuff” option and then choose “History” to view your child's check-out history.